TRANSITION YEAR SPANISH IN SPAIN PROGRAM
TY or Transition Year Spanish in Spain is an extremely exciting addition to our growing list of Language Experience Offerings. As our newest program which is open to students from the age of 15 and who would like to spend part or a all of their school year in a local Spanish Secondary School in Spain. This course which is ideal for Transition Year students who wish to improve their Spanish language skills, sample Spanish culture and life at first hand and in turn gaining a life-time experience of living in another country.
As the Higher Level Leaving Cert Spanish is made up of an oral examination worth 25% (100 marks), Listing comprehension worth 20% (80 Marks) and the written exam worth 55% (220 marks) – it makes good sense now more than ever to immerse yourself in the country where the language is spoken and in return reap the benefits for 6th year and beyond…… Languages are the future!
A FEW REASONS TO STUDY SPANISH IN SPAIN..
- Improve you language skills and learn from native speakers.
- Immerse yourself in a new culture.
- Impressive on your CV
- Give yourself a head start for the Leaving Cert.
- Help you to be more independent and realise there are other ways.
- Experience new things with new challenges.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
TRANSITION YEAR IN SPAIN
Leir Education now offers transition year students a very special opportunity to attend a quality secondary school in Spain at any time during the academic year. This lifetime experience is excellent preparation for the Leaving Certificate Examinations and is ideal for students who wish to learn about Spain, Spanish culture, life and much more!
SOME QUESTIONS, THOUGHTS & COMMENTS ANSWERED
You will stay with a Spanish ‘Host Family’ and receive full board Accommodation. Your family will have been very carefully chosen inline with your application and located as close to the school as possible. Of course all necessary details will be discussed and disclosed prior to any decision.
You will be placed as close as is possible with a host family who are within walking distance, will drive you to school or within an easy bus route distance from the school.
- A full placement within one of our selected Spanish Secondary Schools
- All tuition fees and School Materials (Excludes copy books, incidentals etc.)
- Full board accommodation with a locally selected Spanish Host Family
- All financial transactions, enrolment and fees etc. completed through Leir Education in Newbridge, Co. Kildare.
- Qualified Native assigned local coordinators, who also speak English
- Transfers from and to the airport to host family or an organised meeting point.
- Pre-departure Q & A, information meetings and orientation.
- A specialised dedicated staff available 24 hours in case of emergency.
- Full advice, assistance and support throughout the process and program
- Continues support
Having a solid foundation in Spanish will always be of great benefit to any student going on any language course, but no matter what your level, if sufficient interest exists fluency will flourish in a short space of time.
While all family meals, accommodation, school fees etc. are included in the package. You will need money for socialising, shopping or for extra curriculum activities during your time away from home.
No, flights are not included in the program. If required we can organise on your behalf and add the additional cost to your program price or you can arrange your own flights, and we will be are happy to advise.
As each student is different and requirements may also differ our T.Y. program focuses on a duration that suits you. Our minimum stay is two weeks with no maximum, with a full school terms always an option.
- Internation and National Flights, associated costs and fees
- Travel insurances
- Medical Insurances (Each student must have an E111)
- Spending Money
- Extra Curriculum Activities